Onlypult is a convenient and effective social media solution that saves time when creating and scheduling Instagram posts.
One of the first rules of PR is show, don’t tell. And one of the hottest social media tools for storytelling with images is Instagram. According to Forrester, Instagram is the king of social engagement, and delivers 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook, and 120 times more engagement per follower than Twitter. Clearly, Instagram is where you want your PR campaign to be!
It’s always best to tell your story in real-time (IRT) on Instagram, and interact with your audience in the moment. However, as I mentioned in 5 Tips for Using Instagram for PR Campaigns it’s simply not always possible to promote and update IRT! Instagram does not have an option to schedule posts in advance, not do any of the major social media planners such as HootSuite or Buffer. At Alchemy PR we’re a fan of Onlypult, a social media management tool for Instagram.
The main benefits of Onlypult are:
1. Post Instagram images from your computer – you don’t need to post to Instagram with your tablet or smartphone.
2. Schedule Instagram posts in advance – you can schedule one or more Instagram posts to go live at times that are optimal for your audience, complete with text and up to 30 hashtags.
Onlypult offers a free 7 day trial, then coverts to a paid plan, starting at $12/month to manage up to 3 Instagram accounts.
Here’s How Onlypult Works:
- log into your Onlypult dashboard from your laptop
- upload images from your computer
- add text and up to 30 hashtags
- schedule your image to post now or up to
- schedule posts individually, or use Onlypult’s Planner feature with your preferred posting times
- supports images of different size and shapes – the Instagram app only supports square images
- built-in filters
- supports up to 30 hashtags
- calendar view of upcoming and previous posts and interaction (all posts: not just those posted via Onlypult)
- doesn’t support video (soon, I hope!)
- analytics don’t offer much information
- features are not well-cocumented and are hard to find, such as changing time zone
note: I was a bit skeptical about Onlypult at first – their site looks great and the tool worked really well during the trial, but the content has more than a few grammatical errors. However, Onlypult was developed and is hosted in Russia, which explains the errors.
For More Information on Instagram
Peg Fitzpatrick: How to Start Prioritizing Your Instagram Strategy
author: Kathryn Bechthold, Communications expert in Calgary, AB. Owner/CEO of Alchemy Communications Inc.