Cancervive Foundation of Alberta (Cancervive) is a non-profit organization established to raise awareness and support for Canadian Cancer Survivors and their families.
Completely volunteer based, 100% of all donated funds are directed to our
partner Wellspring, a network of cancer support centres in Calgary and Edmonton, AB.
Case Study: Tour du Cancervive 2014
Tour du Cancervive is a bike ride to raise funds for Canadian cancer survivors and their families. 2014 is the 9th annual Cancervive; and Tour du Cancervive is the first bike ride entirely in
Alberta, from Edmonton to Calgary. A late project launch created an additional challenge to
recruit riders and community support, and an unexpected snowstorm challenged the kick-off of the bike ride.
Alchemy Communications created a public relations campaign to attract donors, riders and
media for Tour du Cancervive:
- Facebook and Twitter social media campaign to attract supporters and raise awareness
- launched Facebook page
- 4 artwork designs with 10 variations to use for social media, advertisements and media
- press releases to key media contacts and outlets
- Thank You book for each of the Wellspring bikers
The Tour du Cancervive campaign successfully attracted riders, supporters and media
attention, despite a snowstorm which impacted media efforts and the ride:
- 27 riders completed a 4-day, 450km ride from Edmonton to Calgary
- Tour du Cancervive raised more than $80,000 for Wellspring Calgary and Edmonton
- +50 volunteers supported the planning and actual bike ride
- generous donors and sponsors supported the Cancervive bikers with funding and ride support
- media coverage in 15 different outlets
Alchemy Communications created this graphic design to raise awareness for Tour du Cancervive:
A few photos from the Tour du Cancervive: